As we are starting to get ready for the great holiday migration, here are some handy travel tips:
PREPARING FOR YOUR HOLIDAY:
- Boost your immune system before you leave with lots of water, sleep and vitamins to help protect you from illness.
- Book an extra day off work and don’t make plans so you have time to relax, do laundry and catch up on everything at home when you return.
- Use a packing checklist
- Roll don’t fold. This saves space and time
- Cover your shoes with a shower cap to protect your clothes from dirt
- LEAK-PROOF BOTTLES: Before you pack, take the lids off liquid cosmetics and cover the top with cling film, then do the lid up tightly over the top. This prevents any annoying leaks
- Put your breakables, like perfume, in a sock
- Pack an empty tote bag for your laundry
- Turn a cereal container into a trash can for your car when on road trips
- DIY ice pack: Saturate a sponge, place in a bag and freeze. This method also ensures it won’t drip everywhere when it melts
- Use soap to soothe an insect bite; rub it on the bite and leave it to dry
- If you forget the wall plug-in for your phone charger, check the back of your hotel TV. There might be a USB port
- Going on a flight? Choose luggage with a distinctive pattern or colour to easily identify your luggage