Further to our previous warnings in this regard, please be aware that there is currently a known individual (and associates), operating as a timeshare ‘resale and/or holiday rental agent’, defrauding timeshare owners.
This individual’s name is: TIRON PHERNAMBUCQ
CARLA DIEDERIKS | REVA PHERNAMBUCQ | HENRY THOMAS (possible alias used by Tiron Phernambucq) | RIVER PHERNAMBUCQ
Known Associated Entities:
BEST BREAK HOLIDAY RENTALS / BEST BREAK HOLIDAYS
It seems that, on occasion, the above individual and associates claim to work for VRS (Vacation Recreational Services), which is – as you know – the Club’s Managing Agent. Please be advised that neither he, nor any of his known associates, are in the employ of VRS; neither is there any form of association or relationship between him/his associates and VRS, or LVC.
In the interest of safeguarding your LVC holiday portfolio we would like to, once again, share the following security points; which we strongly suggest you implement as a precaution against possible fraudulent activity:
- Never give anybody access to your LVC membership account
- Where possible, always transact on your account personally
- Never give anybody your username and password to access your online portfolio, for any reason whatsoever
- We also advise that – unless absolutely necessary – you never give power of attorney to any person to transact on your account on your behalf
- Please do not give any company or person your membership number or personal information, or access thereto
- Change your password regularly, we advise at least every 3-6 months
- Best password practice: create a password that is at least 8 characters long and include multiple special characters, like a number, symbol, or uppercase letter
- Only rent out bookings through an accredited rental company. Individuals and unscrupulous rental companies bring fraudulent activity to your account, as well as empty promises with regards to earning potential
- When making use of a holiday accommodation rental company/person, please feel free to ask us first, as to whether we recommend them, to avoid any unscrupulous activity on your account
- Should you wish to deal with a timeshare resale agency, please also make sure you make use of a reputable and accredited (VOASA accredited) agency to avoid fraudulent activity, as well as false promises. Please feel free to contact us to verify any company/person before agreeing to use them
- Be cautious on social media platforms. Unscrupulous people are trying to lure people to their platforms to book accommodation that may be falsely advertised, or promoted in a misleading manner; or not be legitimate, available accommodation at all; or offer them so-called deals that make false promises
Please stay vigilant out there!
If you are in any doubt as to a company or individual’s credentials, please make sure you do your homework on them and please make contact with us to confirm or verify their credentials through the Vacation Ownership Association of South Africa (VOASA), which is the official, independent industry body